This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Link back to All.Things.Fadra (feel free to use the SOC Sunday graphic).
- Add your post to her linky (be sure to use the permalink to your post, not your blog’s URL; and only NEW posts please).
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
I’m doing this post as an SOC Sunday post because I just don’t have the mental ability to spend more than that writing about the results of the peanut’s ASD assessment this past Friday. Long story short, he has been officially diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. And based on just her initial assessment, (our appointment lasted just under 2 hours) the doctor believes that he is mild – high functioning. She also things he is probably very smart, based on the amount of things he knows at his age (alphabet, colours, shapes, numbers etc.) considering that he is mostly non-verbal when it comes to spontaneous speech. She also believes that it is a good sign that he is good at mimicking words and speech, even though he spends his time memorizing and repeating things he hears, instead of independently putting words together. We left the appointment with a ton of recommendations, the main one being, he is an excellent candidate for ABA therapy which stands for applied behaviour analysis