This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Link back to All.Things.Fadra (feel free to use the SOC Sunday graphic).
- Add your post to her linky (be sure to use the permalink to your post, not your blog’s URL; and only NEW posts please).
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
I keep telling myself to write more often, but I also keep using the excuse that life gets in the way and that’s why I don’t. This past week I was challenged by some Bloggy Best Friends of mine to write a post a day for one week, non-sponsored. And of course, you’ve probably noticed that the majority of my posts tend to be sponsored ones. Not because they’re paying me (although most of them are paid with money or product samples). I write sponsored posts because I happen to be very good at writing technical content, I enjoy it, I used to do it for a living. Writing sponsored posts is the closes I ever get to using my very expensive education. Crazy as that may seem. And at the end of the day, my end game of doing this blogging thing is to hopefully, one day, get paid at a full time job type situation where there are benefits and a regular salary and an office to go to everyday. That’s where I hope my blogging will take me. Until then I get to blog about whatever strikes my fancy. And this past week the challenge to write about anything non-sponsored has reminded me that I also like to write about silly things that are going on in my life that day. Even if it means telling the world about my new maternity pant addiction or letting you in on the not so secret fact that I watch a lot of TV.