Ok now, what are the odds that I’ll have a chance to type for 5 straight minutes without being disturbed by one kid or another. Pretty slim but I’m giving it a go anyways. I’m really taking this whole writing everyday thing to heart this year. If I’m not blogging (non-sponsored posts) I’m writing in my paper journal (pen and paper, crazy right?) every day. Pages and pages of my thoughts and daily goings on. I feel like the boring day to day stuff is too boring to force people who read my blog to read through, so that’s why I’ve chosen my paper journal as a medium for that. And, as I’ve blogged before, I’ve been struggling to get my fiction writing going. It seems that I’m really good at coming up worlds and scenarios that sound like they would be an interesting story, but I have a really hard time coming up with major problems for my main characters to solve. Problems that haven’t been written about before or involve boy meets girl, boy loses girl scenarios anyways. I truly don’t want to write that kind of fiction. I don’t know, I guess I’ll just keep on keepin on. Look at that. Five minutes, no interruptions.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Link back to Fadra’s SOC post (feel free to use the SOC Sunday graphic).
- Visit the linky for some other great SOC posts and show some love.