noseblind [nohz-blihnd], noun;
Definition: The gradual acclimation to the smells of one’s home, car, or belongings, in which the affected does not notice them (even though their guests do).
I didn’t know there was a word for it, but I’m absolutely certain that I have it. I mean, let’s face it. I have a husband and two kids, we live in an apartment that we keep kind of clean. We don’t have time to sweep, vacuum, wash dishes, or do laundry every day, but it’s not like we’re heathens either. Still, when I walk in the front door at the end of the work day, I know I can smell the dishes from yesterday’s dinner, the bathroom from the preshus forgetting to flush, and the mystery lost sippy cup that I still can’t find. (and you just know there is milk in that bad boy just festering away…)
Are you noseblind?
According to a recent Febreze survey, 42% of Canadians admit that they’ve been told that their homes smell, but they can’t smell it themselves. Do you enjoy delicious, yet poignant smelling meals? Have a shaggy dog or lovable little gerbil? Have a teen or a workout routine?
Check out the Jane Lynch Noseblind PSA from Funny or Die
We don’t often have house guests but I can tell you right now what my tricks are to get those mystery smells that I can’t smell but I know visitors can smell, go away.
I won’t lie, Febreze is my trick. I’ll Febreze the kid’s room after a particularly smelly diaper change, I’ll Febreze the living room after the kids have been running in circles for an hour chasing each other (whoever said kid sweat doesn’t smell, never smelled a sweaty kid). We haven’t changed the filter in the vacuum cleaner in forever so I’ll even Febreze the air after running the vacuum just to get the vacuum scent out of the air (aside: Febreze should make vacuum filters… just sayin).
Do you need a nose blind kit? I know I do. If you need one (hint: you probably do) enter the rafflecopter below for your chance to win:
- De-stale the air: Febreze Air Effects Meadows & Rain – $4.79*
- Refresh small spaces:Febreze Set & Refresh Starter Kit – $4.99*
- Make it sniffable: Febreze Fabric Refresher Meadows & Rain – $9.99*
- Rev up the freshness: Febreze Car Vent Clip Air Freshener Meadows & Rain – $4.99*
- Unplug their noses: Febreze NOTICEables Duel Scented Oil Warmer – $7.39*
- Febreze NOTICEables Dual Scented Oil Refill Meadows & Rain – $12.99*
- Sniff it real good: Febreze Stick & Refresh Fresh Meadows Air Freshener Starter Kit – $4.99*