Honey I’m home!
That’s the feeling I got when I first had the chance to test drive the 2015 Chevy Malibu LTZ. You know the feeling you get when you walk into your future new home and you can just see yourself having a life there? That’s how I felt when I had a chance to test drive the 2015 Chevy Malibu LTZ. It’s the perfect car for me and my family. With enough space in the back for my kids not to complain when I adjust my seat and enough space for me in the front to not honk the horn when I haul my giant purse over my lap and into the passenger side seat, yep I loved this car!
10 reasons why I love the Chevy Malibu LTZ.
1. OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. You know what that means? It means that the kids can have their devices and watch whatever videos they want without having to argue about who gets to watch which movie/show! We just hop into the car, each kid gets a tablet, and everyone is quiet while mommy drives. Bonus points to Chevy for this one,for sure!
2. Forward Collision Alert system. Getting too close to the car in front of you? The Forward Collision Alert system will flash red lights in a heads up display, along with beeping alarms, that prompt you to brake and not crash. Very handy.
3. Giant trunk. Seriously, groceries, boxes, bikes? Yes please, I can haul it all!
4. Rear seat center console hidey hole. For all the kids’ bits and pieces, but mostly toys and snacks. Whatever keeps it off the car floors, I’m all in.
5. Full Bluetooth integration with my cell phone for text messaging, audio books, music, phone calls… *sigh* I’m in heaven. This is the best technology I’ve seen so far when it comes to staying connected and safe at the same time.
6. Navigation map that shows you the best route to take based on current traffic volume and patterns.
7. Center console outlet in the back for charging the kids gadgets lest we run out of juice before we get to our destination. Yes, I’m that much in love with proper outlets when screaming/crying children are involved. Parents, you know what I’m talking ’bout.
8. Lane departure warning system that beeps at you when you start to drift out of your lane. This car pretty much makes you a better driver.
9. It’s a light and easy to maneuver car, which I love. Much as I’m a fan of mini-vans for their carrying capacity, they’re pretty much like driving a small bus. The Chevy Malibu LTZ is super-fun to drive. Like, so much fun. I loved getting in and feeling the engine speeding us away to our adventures, and then listening for the engine to purr itself to sleep when we stopped at a light. Which brings me to….
10. Stop/Start technology that automatically stops the engine when you stop at a traffic light. If the general power needs of the car are low (eg. not running the A/C, heated seats etc.), the engine will power down when you stop to reduce fuel consumption, and automatically start up again as soon as you take your foot off the brake. It’s so seamless that you hardly even notice that the car has completely shut off! No idling for the win!
I’ve had the pleasure over the past few years to test drive several #ChevyDrive cars*, and I have to say that the Chevy Malibu LTZ has now officially moved to the tippy top of my favourite cars to drive list ahead of the Chevy Tahoe and the Chevy Trax. What I’m basically saying here is that I’m 100% positive that the Chevy Malibu LTZ will be our next family car when it’s time to say goodbye to the old mini-van.